Following the frigid temperatures that came on the heels of a significant snowfall, a downtown snow emergency begins at 10:00 p.m Thursday in Mankato.
The impacted areas include:
- Madison Avenue to Plum Street
- 100 block of east and west sides of Riverfront Drive from Madison Avenue to Plum Street
- Main to Liberty streets from South Riverfront Drive to South Broad Street (does not include South Broad Street)
- South Front Street from East Liberty to Marshall streets
- 100 block of east and west Liberty stree
When a downtown snow emergency is in effect city officials say there is no parking on downtown Mankato streets.
Temporary parking is available downtown at no cost in the Mankato Place and Civic Center parking ramps during snow emergencies. Parking is also allowed in yards during a snow emergency.
The snow emergency will end at 8:00 a.m., Friday.