12/21/21 Entertainment News

— “Sex and the City” alum Chris Noth will no longer star on his latest project following sexual assault allegations. CBS just axed the 67-year-old from “The Equalizer” series. Universal Television and CBS made the decision on Monday, only a day after Noth was dropped from his talent agency, A3 Artists. So far, three women have accused the actor of sexual assault.

— A Chicago judge is ordering the release of the full report in the investigation of the Jussie Smollett hate crime case. The Empire actor was found guilty by a jury earlier this month of five counts of disorderly conduct. The report in question shows the findings of how the State’s Attorney’s office handled the decision to dismiss a 16-count indictment against Smollett. The defendant faces up to three years in prison when he is sentenced.

— The Palm Springs International Film Festival is cancelling its in-person awards ceremony for the second year in a row. The film society announced its change in plans on Monday, citing concerns over surging coronavirus cases and the emerging omicron variant. The black-tie star studded ceremony was supposed to be held on January 6th at the Palm Springs Convention Center. The Film Awards says it will partner with ‘Entertainment Tonight’ to celebrate this year’s honorees and is set to release details soon.

– “Spider-man” co-stars Tom Holland and Zendaya are rule breakers. It comes after one of their producers told them not to date. Amy Pascal tells ‘The New York Times’ that she pulled both actors aside separately when they were first cast in 2017’s “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” cautioning them not to go there. She says she did the same thing when Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone were cast for the films. Of course, Pascal says they all ignored her.

— Henry Cavill could be trading in his Superman cape for a bow-tie. Daniel Craig plans to step down from the role as James Bond after five movies. Cavill was beat out by Craig for the role as 007 in 2007. In a recent interview, Cavill told ‘The Sunday Times’ that “time would tell,” saying it’s not clear what direction creators want to take Bond. For now, Cavill is set to star in another spy film called ‘Argylle.’

— Andy Cohen says he contracted COVID-19 for the second time. The Bravo star returned to his radio show on Monday and revealed he took a week off to recover from a breakthrough case. He says he was in quarantine for ten days. Cohen says he did receive the booster shot and started to feel sick afterward, but thought it was typical side effects. He says it got mildly worse two days later, but now he’s feeling better.