Skip to content
This Week In Rock News!
This week in rock news, AC/DC reveals plans for creating a rock children’s book, details about the “When We Were Young” music festival is released! Some bands include Green Day, The Offspring Blink 182, and plenty more!
- AC/DC is making a children’s book about rock. The AC/DC AB/CD High-Voltage Alphabet is aimed at preschoolers and is the fourth release in a series of picture books released by Australian publisher Love Police. Love Police’s Brian “BT” Taranto says, “What an honor it is to work on this book, and to have had a connection to Angus [Young] for the real-deal stuff makes it even more wild and special. Yeah, it’s a kids book, but any AC/DC or music fan will find something on every page… We are looking forward to educating another generation of rock and rollers.”
- The first When We Were Young festival hasn’t even taken place yet, but the promoters have already announced the 2023 lineup.
- Blink-182 — who announced they’ll be playing as part of their world reunion tour — and Green Day are slated as the headliners October 21st, 2023 at the Las Vegas Festival Grounds. Tickets go on sale this Friday, and if it’s like the 2022 edition, other days will be added soon.
- Other acts on the bill include Thirty Seconds to Mars, The Offspring, All Time Low, Rise Against, Pierce the Veil, Something Corporate, Sum 41 and over 20 more acts.
- Blink-182 and Green Day have a touring history together — they co-headlined the Pop Disaster tour in 2002.
- This year’s When We Were Young, headlined by My Chemical Romance and Paramore, is slated for October 22nd, 23rd and 29th
- The David Bowie Fan Convention will be held next June 17th and 18th at Terminal 5 in New York. Speakers include his producer Tony Visconti, and band members Carlos Alomar and Mike Garson.
- Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready recently joined Heart’s Nancy Wilson on stage in Seattle for a run through “Barracuda” and Led Zeppelin’s “Rock and Roll.”